Spirit Dances ★★★★



Spirit Dances (Walker Papers, #6) - C.E. Murphy
★★★

This series continues to grow into itself. Each book is better than the last, and this one is no different. Joanne continues down the path of accepting herself and her new talents, while learning just how far she can push herself. In Spirit Dances, Joanne must stop another killer, but this time she doesn't know if it's paranormal or if she's just being paranoid. Homeless people are disappearing and she might just be the only person that cares enough to even look into the matter.

At the same time, Joanne has to stop a magical attack centered around a dance troupe that she witnesses while out on a date. Yes, I said date! I don't know what was more interesting, the date, or the events that unfolded as she attempted to discover her newest nemesis. You'll definitely be left with a smile on your face several times throughout the book.

The Walker Papers have always been great Urban Fantasy reads, with a wonderful strong, snarky female that keeps things interesting; but the series has come into it's own as Murphy has allowed just a small sliver of romance to seep into the pages.It's the relationships that make this book. Both Joannes friendships and love interests. Billy and Mel, Morrison, Coyote... They all keep things interesting.The only complaint is that Gary doesn't grace the pages of this book, but Murphy did a wonderful job of making up for his absence. I can't wait for the next book, since the end of this one promises a new adventure that could be even better.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers