The Vampire Dimitri ★★



The Vampire Dimitri (Regency Draculia, #2) - Colleen Gleason ★★


I hate to say it, but I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. If I had read it without having read The Vampire Voss, I would have given it 3 stars, but I found myself bored during the first half of the book. The Vampire Dimitri is written almost like Stephanie Meyer's Midnight Sun, where you get the same time period written from a different perspective. Most of the first half of the book is replaying scenes that you've read about in The Vampire Voss. Where this book went wrong was that during the Vampire Voss you got some scenes from Dimitri's point of view, thus it seemed redundant to have them replayed. It would have been okay if the scenes weren't repeated, but it took a lot of the mystery and excitement away. I would have been more entertained if the first book had cut out the scenes from Dmitri's perspective. I was more interested in the second half of the book, when the plot was new and unique.

I like the idea that Gleason is trying to pull off, but I feel like it could have been executed more effectively.

This book will be released at the end of the month.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers