Changeless ★★★


Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) - Gail Carriger ★★★ 374 pgs

***Just giving you an idea of the plot will spoil events from Soulless. If you think you might read the series, read book one before reading my review, or anyone else's for that matter.***

Now that Alexia Tarabotti has married, life should settle down. However, she wakes up to find her husband charging off to London because of a crisis and a whole lot of werewolf soldiers camping on her front lawn. She has to show the wolves that she is in charge and find out what her husband is up to.

Something in London is making supernaturals become normal. Vampires lose their fangs, were's can't shift, and ghosts are being exorcised. Whatever it is that's causing normalization is on the move, and it's heading in the same direction as Lord Maccon. Alexia decides that her husband will need help. She sets off on a dirigible to meet him in Scotland so that they can face his past together.

While Soulless, the first book in this series, was September's Book of the Month, it's sequal did not hold to the same standards. I seem to be in the minority with this opinion, but I enjoyed the flirting in Soulless more than I did the banter in Changeless. If I had read these a year apart, like everyone else did, I think I might have enjoyed it more. I just got frustrated with Miss Ivy Hisselpenny, as well as some of the language and the customs. I think that she does a great job with the obsessions for protocol and acting proper at all times, but that doesn't mean I find reading about them entertaining. The frivolity of it all gets on my nerves. Hence, the statement that reading them further apart would make them more interesting. Despite that, the plot was fun and interesting and Carriger left a cliffhanger that would frustrate most fans.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers