Prey ★★★★



Prey (Shifters, #4) - Rachel Vincent ★★★★ 393 pgs

Faythe's world is spinning out of control. Her family has taken on two new tabbies and a new baby, someone is trying to overthrow her father, and Marc has been banished to Mississippi to live with the strays and she hasn't seen him in two months. When she finally does get to see him, their party is ambushed. Then, Marc goes missing and has left al ot of his own blood behind. Not knowing whether Marc had survived or not, Faythe gets a team together to search for him. To bad the drama doesn't stop there. Manx is up for trial on murder trial, Kaci is making herself sick by refusing to shift, and Malone's "games" are resulting in consequences that could never be forgiven. There definately won't be a happy ending.

Rachel Vincent's Shifter series is fun and action packed. I love the books, but I had to take a break after book 3. Pride managed to evoke so much emotion in me that I was too mad to actually keep reading. The book was great, but I wanted to strangle the bad guy and i hated the arogance of the man. I felt helpless when I couldn't help Faythe. It's great that Vincent was able to evoke enough emotion in me to make me want to throw the book in frustration, but it also made me antsy enough to start reading reviews of Prey to see who was going to appear in the next book. The problem is, someone posted spoilers on their review without warning the reader that they were going to give away a little too much. I went into this book knowing which characters would live and die. Despite knowing what was going to happen, I enjoyed the story. The author still evokes strong emotions from me. It would have been even greater if some mean person hadn't ruined it for me.

Over the course of the series, Faythe is growing up. It's nice to see a character who learns and grows. A lot of times authors forget that people evolve with their experiences. They don't grow quickly, but there are subtle changes. Faythe is willing to fight for what she believes is right. She's willing to stand by those who truely need her help. She's stubborn and fiesty, but she tries to use her brain. Sometimes she jumps before thinking things through, but that's part of what she's attempting to work on. Although, it's almost impossible for her to use logic when it comes to the boys in her life.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers