Unleash the Night ★★★1/2


Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #9) - Sherrilyn Kenyon ★★★1/2

Maggie is the daughter of a senator, but she's never really fit in to the upper class echelon. She goes to Sanctuary in memory of her missing friend, Nick. It was his favorite place to hang out. She recognizes Wren from the stories she's been told and she can tell that he's watching her. He's quite and different, but she knows he has a good heart.
Wren Tigarian has no clan. He's a "freak" - a mix of snow leopard and white tiger. Even his own mother wanted him dead. He tries to hid himself, to keep people at a distance so that he can protect himself, but when Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau walks into Sanctuary he's drawn to her. He tries to keep his distance, but he can't. He has an overwhelming urge to protect Maggie, but he'll have to confront his own screwed up past in order to do so.

I thought the story was cute. I liked Wren and Maggie together. My only issue was that Wren went from monosyllabic Neanderthal to speaking to others fairly quickly. Looking back on the story, I understand that he had to progress as he did to move the story along, but when I was in the story it felt a little too fast to be believable. Although, we're talking about magical creatures here so maybe I shouldn't expect believable. =)
I liked the time travel aspect of the story and the events that transpired from then until the end of the story. There were a few surprises that I hadn't expected. Although, it was weird to have a story that didn't involve Acheron. Also, Nicholette shocked me with her actions in this book. It should be interesting to find out what happens next.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers