To Tame A Highland Warrior ★★★


To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2) - Karen Marie Moning ★★★ 366 pgs

Gavrael has been running from his past and fears of his future. He is constantly hunted by a rival clan and must keep himself from those he cares about in order to protect them. However, one day he gets an urgent message saying, "Come for Jilian." He rushes to her only to find out that her father has invited him and two other males to court his daughter.
Julian has scared all of her previous suitors away with tales of becoming a nun, or feigning madness. It's always worked before, but this time her father has picked men that know her family. These men are too smart for her to push them away. She knows who she wants, but he keeps pushing her away. She knows he's interested, but will he fight for her?
The story was fun. Book one was a little better since book two even more predictable than the average romance. I really enjoyed Jilian's character. Gavrael makes the same mistake every romance has - he decides he's going to keep something from the one he loves in order to protect her. It never turns out well, and the mistake gets rather annoying after the hundredth time its been used in a plot, but without someone being stupid there'd be very little drama in the things we read.


0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers