Venom ★★★★1/2


Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) - Jennifer Estep ★1/2 389 pgs

Gin Blanco is back, forced back out of retirement when an acquaintance of hers is threatened. In this book Gin learns more about the mysterious photo of her sister and why her family was killed. She has to determine whether or not to trust Owen with her secret because he seems to be getting more and more pieces of the puzzle. Like the previous stories, there's a lot of action. This time Gin has to go against Elliot Slater, Mabs number one enforcer and guard. He's a giant, with the ability to move quicker than Gin ever thought was possible. He's strong and knows how to fight, making him Gin's greatest opponent to date.
I just have to say that I love this series! It's one of my favorites. Gin is strong and confident and stands up for whats right even if it'll kill her. She's not whinny and she doesn't knowingly put herself into bad situations. I'm so tired of characters who go against everything they've been told to do just so the author can create more drama. The drama in this book doesn't stem from stupidity, but good writing. Gin might rush into things, but she keeps her brain working and processes what she's getting into. It's nice to see a character who thinks. Amazingly, they're hard to come by.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers