Eat, Prey Love ★★★1/2


Eat, Prey, Love (Love at Stake, #9) - Kerrelyn Sparks ★★★1/2 373 pgs

Caitlyn Whelan has just returned to the US after being fired from her job in the state department. She's come to Romatech after receiving an invitation from her long lost sister, Shanna. At Romatech she discovers that the world as she knows it isn't the same. The paranormal really does exist. After signing on at Romatech, Carlos Panterra is charged with training her to defend herself, but the training isn't going well. First off, she's not a fighter. Secondly, when she manages to finally hit her target all men cringe - she hits below the belt. And most importantly, the sexual tension between the two are volatile. Caitlyn taunts and teases, driving Carlos absolutely insane. But he can't have her... he has to travel to Thailand to find more of his kind. Carlos needs a mate. His species is becoming extinct. He needs a mate to not only help his species revive itself, but to help him raise 5 orphaned shifters that he has taken under his paws. He has to get Caitlyn out of his head. Too bad she won't let him...

I love Kerrelyn Sparks. There's obviously a cheesy aspect to these books, but they're funny and entertaining. I love all of the characters. Sparks has a man for everyone's fantasy: Scottish, French, Italian, South American... They're all sexy. Carlos, with his alpha male attitude doesn't disappoint. I read PNR for the flirting between the characters. I love the development of a relationship. Caitlyn just throws the taunts and teases at Carlos and it's makes for a fun read.
On the romance aspect of the story, Sparks did an amazing job. When it came to the action... She had a good build up and there was a lot of potential, but the final battle scene ended rather quickly. I'm sure that we'll learn more in the next book, but I docked the book half a star because I felt like she could have added a bit more action. Slacking on the action is a common issue with romance writers. Sometimes Sparks does a great job, but other times things fizzle a page or two too early. I still recommend the series to anyone who wants to laugh and fall in love with sexy vampires and shifters from all over the world.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers