How to Ditch Your Fairy ★1/2


How to Ditch Your Fairy - Justine Larbalestier ★1/2 304 pgs

14 year old Charlie has a parking fairy and she's sick of it. She wants a cool fairy, one that will help her shop, get boys, etc. She's tired of being forced to tag along whenever anyone needed to drive somewhere just so that they could get the best spot, she's not even old enough to drive herself. Charlie has decided that she's going to force her fairy to leave by walking and refusing to use any type of vehicle. She's getting closer, her fairy is fading, but walking everywhere is taking it's toll. She's ending up late to class and getting demerits. She's tired of getting into trouble and doesn't want to get expelled. When a senior kidnaps to get a good parking spot her fairy starts to gain strength. She's had it. Teaming up with an old "enemy," the two of them swap fairies. Too bad her new fairy isn't all it's cracked up to be.

As you can tell from the summary, the story was rather ridiculous. It's a fast read, but unless you're in middle school it's not very appealing. Plus, I found a few errors. It's light and fast paced. Normally I wouldn't mind the cutesy aspect of the story, but it just didn't click with me. I felt like I had lost brain cells while reading. Of course, I appear to be in the norm. Most people found the story to be at least "ok."

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I have a BA in Humanities with a double major in History and Art History and I'm currently getting my Masters of Education. I'm recently married and I'm so glad to be done with all of the planning. Some days I feel like my pets run my life, but then so does work at times.

Purchase Books Here

What I'm Reading:

Heather Tisdale's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers